Monday, March 08, 2010

Chicken Pesto Pizza

Ingredients:
Pizza Crust for one pizza 
Feel free to use your favorite pizza crust recipe, or frozen bread dough or Boboli... or whatever.  I'm still searching for the perfect pizza crust, but I have to say, this one was REALLY good for a non-yeast crust. 
Here's the recipe I used:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1 Tbsp vegetable oil.
Mix the dry ingredients first (I also added a pinch of brown sugar here because I was in the mood for a sweeter crust.  It doesn't take much, a tsp. is fine.  And the tiny bit of sweet really contrasts nicely with the saltiness...)  Then combine the water and oil and mix it all together.  I used my hands to knead it into a ball and then rolled it out right onto the baking stone.  You might need a tad bit more water.  But don't overdo it.  Just a sprinkle at a time until it's the right consistency and it sticks together. 

Toppings
  • 1 Chicken Breast, cubed and cooked
  • 3/4 Cup Pesto (I grew a huge basil plant last summer and Mom made a bunch of pesto from it.  I still have some in my freezer. :) )
  • 1/2 Onion, sliced
  • 5 Mushrooms, sliced 
  • 3/4 Cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced.

Spread pizza crust with pesto sauce.  Then layer the ingredients in whatever order you like.  I suggest finishing up with cheese and then tomato.  Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.


SO yummy.  :)





post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks SOOOO yummy!!!

Katie said...

Best pizza ever!!

Kiri said...

Looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails