Thursday, March 22, 2007

hmmm....


Today, while I was at work a man from the local newspaper came into the the shop. While he was there he interviewed a lady that I work with. I stood by listening while he interviewed to provide "smile-support." :-)


One of the question he asked was: "If you could meet any person, living or dead and ask them a question who would it be? and what would be the question? That got me thinking....


I think I'd want to meet Helen Keller. I'd ask her what important things about life and God we (seeing people) are missing out on, because we are "blinded" by our vision.


Or maybe I'd want to meet Anne Sullivan. Or Teddy Roosevelt. Or Abraham Lincoln.....


Who would you want to meet?

What question would you ask?


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking, I'm thinking....
Right now I would love to meet Lori Kalner...and I would ask her to tell her story
~nack

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Katie said...

Who would I like to meet... good question...

Peter and Catherine Marshall
Hudson Taylor
David Brainerd
Amy Carmichael
Isaac Stern

I know there was someone specific that I've always wanted to meet.. but of course, now I can't remember who it is...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a tough one (there are SO MANY!) One for sure I'd love to meet and have a conversation with would be Martin Luther King. I'd like to get some more insight on the man, what drove him to take such a pro-active stance in non-violence. (Just one question?!)

Rebecca said...

well, you can say more than one question.... :-) Katie, you forgot to say what you would ask them... David Brainerd would be incredible to meet.

Katie said...

bother..... now I have to think of questions too?????


umm... the Marshalls... well, I would like to ask Peter about his relationship with the Lord. I'd also like to get his opinion on what he thinks about the world today, and like if you go to my blog there is a sermon there that he gave. I'd like to talk to him about that stuff... Catherine, I'd like to ask her about her books, and why she changed some stuff.

Hudson Taylor, the man had amazing faith, why did he just do the things he did. Was God telling him or was it he H/S pricking him...

David Brainerd... wow! I'd just like to listen to him talk about his experiences. See what he thinks the youth of today should do. And why he burned out for God, he obviously thought it was God's destiny for him.

Amy Carmichael, about her work with the children, he zeal for their lives and what all she did because of it.

Isaac Stern, I've love to get his take of different violin technic. How did you do that, what's the secret to that. The music for the fiddler concerto... basically pick his brain, he was an amazing violinist, things came easy to him, why?

Is that sufficient :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails