Tuesday, May 22, 2007

1950s dress

This is a dress I made last fall. I really liked how it turned out but the weather got cold so fast that I wasn't able to wear it. Anyway, here it is!

The fabric is cotton. Gotta love cotton...
I remember this dress was a cinch to put together. The bodice and sleeves are all one piece so I didn't have to set sleeves! Yeah!!!
The pattern was an original pattern from the 1950s... sadly I can't find the envelope to take a picture...
Photography credited to my lovely sister Steph!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Was that the dress Debbie was wearing this weekend?

Mac said...

It's lovely!!! I really want to use that pattern next, I just have to find the right material and get some extra time! Great job

Serena said...

I love your dress! Is there any way you can find out the pattern number? I've been looking for a dress pattern EXACTLY like that--with no set-in sleeves! I love every feature of it, from the bodice, to the ties, to the skirt!

QueenOrual from S&S Board

Rebecca said...

KRISTI yes, Debbie was wearing that dress this weekend. She wears it almost more than I do :-) That's ok, it looks better on her... :-)
SERENA The pattern is Butterick 6362. I'm sorry, I don't know what year it was published. But, I bought it from http://www.lanetzliving.net/ Hope that helps!!!

Serena said...

Thank you so much! I'm off on a search for it...

Anonymous said...

I love this dress! It is SOOOO comfortable and I have this awesome sister who lets me borrow it!!
~Deb

Shannon said...

I liked that dress when I saw it Debbie. Didn't you have another vintage one??? My Kate said you were wearing others when you were in Jamaica this year... And I do like the sleeves - I'm all for not having to set in sleeves if I don't have to!!

AmeliaB said...

I love LOVE your dress! No sleeves to set is fine with me. :-)

~Amelia

Related Posts with Thumbnails