Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another 1950s dress...


I know I must sound like a broken record... but, did you notice in my "About me" it says I love all things vintage?? :-)


Anyway, this dress did NOT come from an original circa 1950 pattern. I sort of cheated. Although, I'm pretty sure the pattern is out of print so that makes it vintage, right?


I really wanted a chocolate brown/white polka dot printed fabric but I had to settle for this. Maybe I'll find the brown another time and make something else.
Side pose... see our beautiful trees?
The gloves were my great grandmothers'. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love it! What pattern did you use, I want to make one for myself now =)

Maria

Anonymous said...

She looked so elegant in Church on Sunday! Beautiful dress!
~Deb

AmeliaB said...

Your dress is lovely! I love the gloves too. I have quite a few pairs of vintage gloves from the 40's/50's. :-)

~Amelia (Sensible Daughter on S&S)

Unknown said...

Very nice! It looks great on you! I also love vintage clothes, thrift stores can be a great place to find old patterns.

(Bec at S&S)

Related Posts with Thumbnails