Wednesday, November 05, 2008

October Media

In the month of October  I read 

Highly Recommended.  One of the best YA books I've read in a long time.  Very engaging, the characters were loveable and realistic, the story was fascinating and intriguing.  There's also a movie adaptation which has recently been released in theaters.  I haven't seen the movie yet, (not playing around here, *snaps fingers*) but you can watch the trailer HERE

I also just started the sequel The People of Sparks

Also, a gift from my friend Krista Miss Match
Haven't laughed this hard at a book in YEARS... literally.  Absolutely enjoyable. 

I've also started reading the rest of the series ReMatch and MatchPoint

Currently Reading George Warnock's Feast of the Tabernacles  which is fantastically ineresting. 

So... didn't get much reading done this last month.  Sad.  But, everything I read I really enjoyed so that makes up for the lack of material.  :)

Movies I watched:
The Princess Bride
Total re-watch.  This may be the hundredth time... LOVE it.  

Also recently started watching the A&E's Agatha Christie adaptations.  Poirot is my favorite.

Another re-watch to remind myself how much I love it: Northanger Abbey
A couple of fast forward scenes but still one of my favorite Austen adaptations.  Probably because Tilney (the hero) is so... regular.  So, not Darcy.  "I must give you one smirk, and then we will be serious."
Also... :).... Superman Returns
Call me goofy.  I'm a Superman fan. :)  "You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior.  But, everyday I hear them crying out for one."
Yep, love it. :)

4 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

*is annoyed because the library system doesn't have Miss Match*

Otherwise I agree with you on everything since I've read/seen all of those.

I really want to see City Of Ember...

Serena said...

Ah, Colonel Brandon is my favorite Austen hero.

Kristi said...

I'll have to see if I can find 'miss match' at the library here.

Laura @ Life Is Beautiful said...

I love MissMatch! And the rest of the series. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails