Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hanging Baskets

 This year I designed and planted my own hanging baskets.  With a little (read: a lot) of help from my Susie, my resident sister with two green thumbs.  Susie has been working at a greenhouse this spring, so I been visiting her a lot.  :)  The result is lots of new perennials and these hanging baskets.

The baskets themselves, along with the shepherds hooks were gifts from Katie.

I LOVE a variety of textures and colors all combined, so here's what I came up with:
Sweet Potato Vine


Trailing Blue Lobelia

Snow Princess (Alyssum)


Springeri


Coral Begonias

Ornamental Grass (I can't remember the name of it.  It may have been something like Toffee?)

Finished Project:

Please ignore the obvious weeds and crazy lawn.  I've been assured that the lawn mower and week wacker (aka: my brother) will be paying me a visit very soon.



 Verdict: LOVE.  :)

post signature

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Fun! I just got done planting some.....rather late veggies in my garden:D

Kiri said...

Beautiful! I love all the different colors and types of plants you chose!

Sarah~ said...

How fun to do!! Love especially the blue flowers and the sweet potatoe plant.

Jean said...

so so pretty

Related Posts with Thumbnails