Friday, October 16, 2009

Random Update

  • I just got an e-mail from Amazon.com telling me two very cool things.  1) That the books I pre-ordered a month ago were shipped yesterday which means I should be getting them early next week.  Three books I've been anxious to read for...  well, ever since I knew they were going to be published.  And 2) That one of the books went down in price after I ordered it and Amazon charged me the decreased price.  Isn't that sweet?
  • Yesterday I read The Tale of Despereaux.  This in itself was a huge step towards conquering my murophobia.  Reader do you know what murophobia is?  I will tell you.  FEAR OF MICE.  Yep.  The phrase "Despereaux scurried across the floor" sends shivers down my spine.  I have not completely conquered the phobia.  But, reading the book was certainly an overcoming experience.  In other semi-related news, I loved the book!
  • Quest.  Say it, Reader.  Say the word 'quest' out loud.  It is an extraordinary word, isn't it?  So small, yet so full of wonder, so full of hope."
  • Started Savvy last night by Ingrid Law.  
  • I'm going to a wedding today.  The wedding isn't until 4:30 and I have the whole day off work!  I have all day to make myself beautiful!  HA!  So, I'll probably still read until the last minute and then throw some makeup on before I rush out the door.  
  • Our Bible Study group started reading Do Hard Things.  I'm looking forward to being inspired by the message even though it's geared towards teens and I'm, um, not a teen.  Actually no one in my group is a teen.  Ok, one teen. The rest of us are in our mid-20s to 30s.  But, we can still be inspired by a book about rebelling against low expectations, right?  
  • I have a green face.  It's a Mint-Juniper Facial Mask.  And I love it.  But, my sisters like to mock scream when they see me wearing it.  I just feel like bursting into song "I think i'll try defying gravity!"
  • Evidently I have nothing more interesting to say.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Despereaux! Yay Kate DiCamillo!

I hope you like Savvy...not that I'm trying to pressure you into liking it or anything! Just hoping.

Anonymous said...

Yay Wicked!! Did you go to it? I LOVED it!

Kristi said...

Tell me how you like Do Hard Things. It looks really good to me, from what I've seen/heard of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails