Tuesday, January 05, 2010

LIVE

 I am inspired by Nichole Nordeman's song "Live."

Did you come that we might just survive?
Did you come so we could just get by?

Did you walk among us
So we might merely limp along beside?



I don't want to "just survive."  And I don't think I was ever meant to just survive.  There's so much more to life than that.

I want to thrive.   I want to be the best version of myself.  I want to take every opportunity given to me, whether it looks like one or not, and I want to grow.  

I don't think I'm asking the impossible or building ivory towers.  I choose to believe that I was created for great things.  That I was meant not to just survive, or just get by.  


I believe I was meant to LIVE.


 

You make me want to live...
You came to shake us
And to wake us up to something more
Than we'd always settled for
And you make me want to live


It is because of Christ's great love for me that I want to live. 

It is through submission to His great love for me that I can live.  

If, without Him I am nothing... than is it not equally true that WITH Him is my greatest potential?


"...We have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, 
and we gave them reverence: 
shall we not much rather 
be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, 
and live?"


 Hebrew 12:9

Never give up.
Never back down.
Never despise the chastening.
Learn to grow.
And as Ralph Waldo Emerson said
"Without halting, without rest, 
lifting better up to best."


post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Kristi said...

Very encouraging. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails