Friday, August 10, 2007

More Washington D.C.

Dad bought Luke a genuine replica George Washington Hat and Sword.


And this is what Luke looked like for the rest of the trip...


We were excited to see "Constitution Ave"


We're pretty easily amused...


After the Smithsonian we went to the National Archives It was truly amazing.


We saw the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and The Magna Carta among other things. Flash photography isn't allowed because of the damage the light does to the documents so I dont' have any pictures of them.


But, here's the front of the building.
And here we all are!!
The Capitol

Arlington National Cemetery which was SO MUCH bigger than I had imagined. It was very sobering to read the inscriptions and think about the men buried there and everything they sacrificed for our freedom.

4 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

That one of us by the street sign is pretty funny. We're giddy about things like that. That night we watched National Treasure and everytime they showed a historical building from DC we'd shout "I was there I was RIGHT THERE!" and we jumped up and down.

Anonymous said...

I love the new BACKGROUND!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the new BACKGROUND!!!

Lauren Christine said...

I like the one by the street sign! How cute. It looks like you had a great time... you've made me want to visit Washington!

Related Posts with Thumbnails