Friday, August 03, 2007

You know you're from a big family if...




-There are pictures of your family in matching outfits


-You wrote your name on the bottom of your socks

-You went to the bathroom just to get away from your siblings

-You never said "I'm bored" because your mom always made you take care of your siblings or do the dishes

-You learned valuble negotiating skills and honed them from a very young age

-You found creative ways to hide things you wanted to keep for yourself

-You shake your head in disbelief when you hear someone say they've never changed a diaper

-Your mom found creative ways to force you to get along with your siblings

-When one sibling annoyed you it was okay because you could just go hang out with a different one

-Sometimes in public you pretended you weren't with them

-Strangers think that big sister is actually mom

-You wouldn't trade the fact that you got the opportunity to make a bunch of best friends that are stuck with you for life

5 comments:

Katie said...

Ah yes! I believe I did most of those things. I never remember going to the bathroom to be alone.. But I probably did :)

Anonymous said...

I've never changed a diaper! OK, not quite...I remember once when I was around seven we babysat a little boy and I changed his diaper....
We really don't have that many people in our family, but I've done quite I a few of the things on your list! Maybe it's having all girls or something....the bathroom was a cherished hideout "Don't come in! I might be going to the bathroom!"

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the sanctity of the bathroom... At least, back when we had a smaller house! :-)

Lauren Christine said...

Lol! I was dressed up for a matching family shot yearly. Only this was a much bigger shot, as my daddy is one of 12, and it was a shot of all the cousins! Ah... memories :)

Mackenzie said...

Hi! I'm here via Lauren Christine's blog. I'm one of 8, so I got a big laugh from this one!! I must say that since I got married I do enjoy the luxury of being bored!! :-D

Related Posts with Thumbnails