Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Booki-ish Things

I'm in love with books. 

Yes. 

I recently saw a movie.  All about books.  Which makes me love them more. 

When I was younger (and even sometimes still) whenever I would go to the library (or a bookstore, or the bookmobile, or just look at my bookshelves, or open a book, or think about a book....) I used to get the most amazing feeling in my heart.  Tight, warm, exhilerating, knee-shaking, adrenaline. 

Yes.  I love books.  Love the smell of them.  Love the way they feel.  Love the fact that black and white letters, all the same, marching in order disguise Adventure.  I love diving into them, all alone. 



"No matter who you are, no matter where you live, and no matter how many people are chasing you, what you don't read is often as important as what you do read."
-Lemony Snicket

"The book you don't read, can't help."
-Jim Rohn

"Reading is one form of escape.  Running for your life is another."
-Lemony Snicket

"[Books] love anyone who opens them."
-Aunt Elinor, Inkheart

"The written word is a powerful thing.  You have to be careful with it."
-Mo, Inkheart

"All the secrets of the world are contained in books.  Read at your own risk."
-Lemony Snicket

"You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you've lost a friend."
-Paul Sweeney

"I find television very educating.  Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
-Groucho Marx

4 comments:

Serena said...

All great quotes! I love the Groucho Marx one!

Marie said...

what movie did you see? was it Inkheart? I love books too!!! Have since I was young... in 4th grade I would have my book in my desk and read during class. I got caught and the teacher said she did it when she was younger so I kept doin' it...she didn't say to stop;)!

Valerie said...

Mmmmm, yes. This post makes me happy. :)

cupcake said...

I LOVE INKHEART THAT BOOK IS SO COOL!!!!!!! IF THAT IS HOW A PERSON FEELS IF THEY ARE IN LOVE WITH READING THEN I PASSED THAT. I GUESS NOW ITS MORE NORMAL TO ME THEN BREATHING RIGHT NOW I AM READING THESE CHRISTAN BASED LOVE INSPIRED SUSPENSE NOVELS. VERY GOOD.

THIS IS GABBY BY THE WAY

Related Posts with Thumbnails