Thursday, January 15, 2009

What Rebecca has been doing

WORKING at the Flower Shop, not much to do, very slow time of year, so.... yesterday my co worker and I re-arranged the bridal room.  Which included me standing on a step stool wiring grapevine together with the grand piano inches away from me and Claudia warning me every two seconds not to scratch the piano.  Fun.   :)  Actually, I love re-arranging the shop and the Bridal room looks better than ever, so... *dusts off ahnds* job done.

and KNITTING.  Finished a scarf for myself, which matches the hat I made for myself.  Also, a scarf/hat combo that I hope to be able to sell on Etsy.  And, I'm getting started on 2 pairs of leg warmers for my sister. 

so, READING.  Plenty of that of course.  Not enough though.  I've got reviews coming soon for a couple of books, and of course you'll be able to read all about everything I read this month sometime the beginning of February.

TRYING to stay warm.  Sometimes it works.  sometimes not.  Today I was freezing all morning.  Because, well, the outside temp was about -18, and the inside temp was about 50.  So, yeah.  I was pretty cold.  This afternoon I finally got smart and wore my new scarf and hat all day inside.  And Claudia's giant fleece over top of my sweater and fleece.  Oh, well, days like this there's not many customers around to see how goofy I look. 

Also, my sister was sick, so I've been NURSING her.  Sort of.  Now, my other sister seems to be coming down with the same thing.  So, looks like the nursing will continue.  I just hope I don't get it too!

what else???
oh yes!
BORROWING Steph's laptop, because, you know, mine is taking an early retirement.  *sigh*

DRINKING plenty of hot chocolate.

DREAMING of spring.

WISHING I could be planting my garden. 

and, yeah.  that's it, I think. 

hope you all are staying warm!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knitting, Reading, Hot chocolate, and spring sounds good to me right now. Work and Cold weather is not high on my list though. I was feeling bad because it was 21 degrees out and a north wind was blowing about 10 miles per hour. I was thinking it was really cold. But now I kind of feel silly and blessed because of your guys's temp....:/
I hope you stay warm:)

Larissa said...

I hope you warm up soon. I can't comprehend those temperatures, and the fact that it's the middle of summer here in Australia! We're heading for about 41.c (105.f) today!
I thought I'd share a blog where it's -28.f and they were throwing boiling cups of water and making ice clouds!!! enjoy.
http://revitalizeyourchurch.blogspot.com/

Shannon said...

So...if it's -18 outside, and only 50 inside....that actually means you feel like it's only 32. I hear ya. My feet are perpetual blocks of ice now, but I can't be slurping unlimited cups of hot chocolate or...um....I grow too much. :) You're very blessed to not have that problem.

Related Posts with Thumbnails