Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Experiencing Disappointment

Published today on the THE IDD BLOG


Disappointment is one of the worst emotions in the world. I've been experiencing it lately.
But, I came across this quote by Oswald Chambers at the perfect time the other morning. I wrote it on a Post-It and stuck it in my pocket so I could pull it out and read it all day.

"If your hopes seem to be experiencing disappointment right now it simply means that they are being purified. Every hope and dream of the human mind will be fulfilled if it is noble and of God. But one of the greatest stresses of life is the stress of waiting for God."

I know the feeling of waiting all too well. I'm experiencing the purification of my hopes. My noble hopes and dreams WILL be fulfilled. But, they will be better than I can imagine in my finite mind.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I agree, disappointment is such a hard thing...I'm sorry for your pain - but glad that God is using this for your good and His glory. Be encouraged, keep leaning on the One who never disappoints us.

Victoria said...

I experienced disappointment this morning too. I have come home from work early today just to try and sort things out, flopped into my computer chair, did a big sighhhh and decided to come onto your blog only to see your post...and it has encouraged me greatly. You have encouraged me and I know God will encourage you because He is faithful. He'll give you beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness, that we might be trees of righteousness; the planting of the Lord and through this He will be gloried. Whatever we may be going through, small or large, present or future, in our separate parts of the world, God will let us laugh again...we’ll raise the roof with shouts of joy! :)

Stay blessed, Victoria x

Related Posts with Thumbnails