Monday, June 15, 2009

What Have I Been Up TO?

Good question!

I've had several people ask me lately what I've been up to and why my blog has been neglected. 

Well, I'm sorry to say, there's no real answer to the question.  I don't have big news to share or a huge project to unveil. 

To be honest I think I'm going through a "no-bloggy" phase.  I seem to have no inspiration for posts.  Not that things haven't been happening in my life and they aren't plenty of things to talk about....  I really can't explain it. 

But, anyway, here's the rundown on "what I've been up to"
  • Preparing for Camp.  Youth Camp is the 3rd week of July this year.  We're already deep into preparations for it.  Mainly, at this point, writing the skits.  My personal skit is proving way more difficult than anything I've run into before.  Lots of agonizing over this.
  • I've been working on some other writing.  I'll talk more about that later.
  • My sister Lydia graduated from high school and we spent one crazy weekend getting ready for and hosting an open house in her honor.  Unfortunately, I have a limited amount of pictures from the actual event, due to Steph and I both ending up working in the kitchen for most of the party.  (Evidently Lyds has more friends than any of us realized... :)
  • Graduation Parties.  'Tis the season.
  • Working in the yard.  I did WAY more yard work/planting of flowers/gardening than I've ever done in my life.  It takes a lot of time, but I'm so excited about the results!  It doesn't look like much yet, but I'm greatly encouraged at the gladiolus that are getting taller every day.  I'll post pictures once they bloom!
  • TRYING to keep the house clean.  Like, even though I'd RATHER be outside working in the yard, I still need to clean my bathroom, you know?
  • Feeling discombobulated...  It's the change of seasons, you know?  Last winter I would come home from work, and snuggle in for the night.  I didn't go back outside... why would I?  It was -25 degrees!  I watched movies and gobbled up books.  Summer time is completely different.  I come home from work and meet a list of things to do a mile long.  I haven't been reading much, people.  This is sad...
  • Also, I had a slight health issue for a couple of weeks (on top of a stomach bug earlier last month), and it's amazing how many things can work together to take up ALL OF YOUR TIME!  And completely push blogging to the back of your brain.
Anyway, I hope to be back up to normal blogging speed very very soon.  Stay tuned!  And thanks for sticking around!

2 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

If it makes you feel better... I didn't even realize I had that many friends.

Mac said...

I completely understand! But it will be nice to see more of you in the blogging world!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails