Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Every Morning

  It is of the 
LORD'S mercies 
that we are not consumed, 
because his  
compassions fail not.  
They are 
New every morning
great is thy  
faithfulness. 
- Lamentations 3:22-23
I was sitting in church Sunday morning.  The minister was talking about how NOTHING is impossible with God.  I know how true that is.  
I don't know if you ever feel this way.  Sometimes I think the best thing for me to do would be to give up hope. Sometimes I think I HAVE given up hope.  Sometimes I think I'm in a place so dark and deep that God doesn't even know about it.  
But these valleys have their purpose.  For one thing, I have learned, in each and every valley that God is always there.  I have learned that every time I "give up" deep down in my heart, deeper than I knew I had thoughts... God is there.  And He won't let me give up.  The hope He has given me is stronger.  It is deeper than the valley.  
As Corrie Ten Boom said: "There is no pit so deep that the LOVE of GOD is not deeper still."

And then the thought came to me, so clear that I cried for the joy of it.  
It was then that I carried you.
           -From the poem Footprints in the Sand  
If you haven't read this poem yet I encourage you to do so.  Maybe you're going through a valley right now. If you are, be encouraged!  There's only one set of footprints in the sand. 


  For I know the thoughts
that I think toward you
saith the LORD, 
thoughts of peace
and not of evil, 
to give you an 
expected end
-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails