Thursday, February 11, 2010

February 11, 2010

I've been busy, Oh so busy
It's amazing how busy I feel!

(Yes, I've been listening to the West Side Story soundtrack.  And, yes, Hayley Westenra is the best Maria ever. No contest.) 

Anyway.

BIG NEWS!

My new laptop has arrived!   And I've been busy, oh so busy, *ahem* playing with it.
Windows 7 has my thumbs up, by the way.  Not that my thumbs up really counts for anything at all.

I named the new laptop Riley.  Because I name things. And because... RILEY!  *grins*

Other things that have been keeping me busy are as follows and in no particular order:

  • Writing (mostly for the IDD blog)
  • Valentine's Day. 
  • Keeping my house clean.  Explain this to me.  We're gone most of the day. Which means we aren't home to mess it up.  And yet, there is ALWAYS housework to do.  Why is this?  I conclude that either
    • a) We are VERY messy when we ARE at home.  or 
    • b) it has something to do with the second law of thermodynamics. 
      • It may in fact, be both reasons.  And the first reason may be because of the second reason.  But, I don't know for sure, because I am not a physicist.  I'm a florist.  And the flower shop is pretty messy this time of year too.  But that's because of, like I said V-Day.  Or, the second law of thermodynamics.  Hmmmm..... This is obviously proof that the second law of the thermodynamics is directly related to Valentine's and that all florists should moonlight as astro-physicists.  
  • I completely messed up my iTunes library and iPod and all that in my attempt to transfer my iTunes library to my new computer without the help or supervision of Katie.  I was trying to be smart and not bug her.  Ended up looking not smart and bugging her anyway.  
  • Reading the Fitzwilliam Darcy books.  Only a couple of breaks to read Agatha Christie.  Has anyone read the Darcy books?  
  • Itching for spring!!!  I ordered some flower seeds... they came in the mail... I was so excited I couldn't sleep that night because I was trying to plan my garden in my head.  But, obviously, I won't be able to actually get out and start working for at least another 6-8 weeks so it's all like some kind of cruel joke I'm playing on myself.  *sigh*
Well, I think that's all for now.  Have to get going to the flower shop and as my mom says "Make pretty flowers!"  for all of those lovers and sweethearts out there.  Do you think I will ever have a sweetheart?  I'm beginning to doubt... But, that's usual for this time of year...  



post signature

4 comments:

Keri said...

My last laptop was named Lillith. My current laptop is Lillian. Lillian Laptop. I name everything as well!

Valerie said...

I didn't know Hayley Westenra did WSS! Ohhhh, I'll have to look into that.

And you make me laugh. ;) <3

Erica said...

Oh! Riley! *melts*

Victoria said...

Haha, you do make me giggle!

Related Posts with Thumbnails