Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Luke Swims

   
The Luke-man's final swimming lesson was on Saturday.  He invited/begged the "WHOLE FAMILY" to come and watch. 



This is him doing the butterfly stroke, I think.  It's really hard to tell, the camera on my phone isn't spectacular and it has a delayed reaction.  I snapped the shutter when his head was in the air and he had the cutest little concentrating look on his face. But, obviously, by the time the picture was actually taken he was back in the water.


SO cute.  :) 

It's quite impressive really.  I suppose maybe a lot of kids grow up learning how to swim but I never learned.  I do a version of doggy-paddle and can do a backstroke (I think) but I can't tread water, float, or do a cannonball off a diving board into the deep section of the pool.  And I certainly can't dive for rings.  (How do you go DOWN into the water anyway?  I could never do it.) 

Luke did all of those things on Saturday.  And he was even relaxed enough to stop and wave at his adoring fans every 2 minutes.



post signature

2 comments:

Mac said...

Such a little duck! I can't really swim either...

Anonymous said...

My G&G use to have an indoor pool!
So I guess I swam a lot when I was little. It's really easy to swim down. Just stick your head under water and start pulling with
your arms and kicking your legs down.... I guess I can't really explain it. But if you practice a lot, its not that hard. I guess because we live in Oklahoma there is more time to swim(becasue it doens't get so cold as soon).



Anyway, enough about me. Luke is SO cute! I can't really see him in that picture, but he has a really sweet face:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails