Monday, March 01, 2010

February Book List

15.  Crooked House by Agatha Christie - (****)  Kind of creepy, I gotta admit...

16.  Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman, These Three Remain by Pamela Aiden -
(****) It kind of surprises me how much I like this book.  Some parts of it I like very very much.  Other parts, not as much.  I admit I skipped some.  I got a little bored reading so much about Darcy's feelings... ho hum.  Great ending though.  Of course. 

17.  Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia Machlachlan -(*****)  Proof that a story doesn't have to be word-y to be poignant. 

18.  The Cat-Nappers by P.G. Wodehouse -
(****) Like all Wodehouse's works, hilarious. 

19.  The Way Home by Mary Pride -(*****)  Excellent.  I've been reading a lot on the feminist movement lately and the role of women in the home, church and society.  I'm not done researching (maybe never will be?) Mary Pride has some excellent things to say.  A lot of my opinions have been refined by her insight. 

19.  River Secrets by Shannon Hale -(***) Not my favorite Bayern book... but, still really good!

20.  Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? by Carolyn McCulley -(*****) Review coming soon!!!  For now, I'll just say LOVED it. :)

21.  The Mystery of the Blue Train by Agatha Christie -(****)  Pretty good.  :)




post signature

4 comments:

Maureen E said...

Oh, I love Sarah Plain and Tall! SO MUCH! I need to re-read that one.

Anonymous said...

Fun! I want to read the Fitzwilliam Darcy one.
I love your book reviews!

Cleanhousewithkids said...

I love your book reviews, too, Rebecca, and I'm so glad you liked the Carolyn McCulley book. I'm anxious to read your full review. :)

Sarah~ said...

Oh, I love Sarah Plain and Tall with Glen Close. Ah, I used to dream hours about being Sarah when I was little... *sigh*

Related Posts with Thumbnails