Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Movie Review...

This movie should come with a warning: You will need 2 boxes of Kleenex to watch this movie!!!!!

Picture this: A man and his son... all alone... sleeping on the floor of a bathroom in a subway station. They have nowhere to go. No one to help them. No money. Their only hope is that the man's unpaid internship at a stock brockerage company will turn into a real job. He has a 5% chance of getting this job. They have to make it through the next 4 months on $22.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I loved this movie. LOVED it. Based on a true story. In the beginning of the movie (actually to be more accurate... the first 90% of the movie) everything goes wrong for Chris Gardner. But, even in the middle of everything going wrong amazing things happen.
Rated PG-13 for language (if I took a guess... I'd say maybe 10 swear words)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it too Becca! It's a great movie! I really made me think... and it gives a great perspective and message. I just thought I would add about it being rated pg13 that his wife/girlfriend is dressed immodestly in the one scene. I was covering some young eyes then myself:)
~Mac~

Rebecca said...

Oh, right, thank you. I thought I said that but I guess not.

Erica said...

I was wondering if there might be anything else besides language. (I mean for a PG-13 rating there oughta be!) I can handle language. Maybe I should mention it to Mom. Do you all think we would like it?

Erica

Rebecca said...

Well, like Susie said, there is a scene where his girlfriend is half-dressed. Other than that I can't think of anything. Our whole family watched it. Even Luke. I think your family would like it. It is a little intense, because of the situations they are in, maybe that's part of the PG-13 rating. you can go to plugged-in online, here's a link http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0003002.cfm to see a more detailed review.

marmaladeinstead said...

Micah and I watched it last weekend. It's not perfect--the profanity was mostly what bothered me--but I liked it a great deal. :) Watching it made me realize how very, very rich we are...

Related Posts with Thumbnails