Friday, June 01, 2007

Pink Regency Dress

FUN FACTS ABOUT MY LATEST PROJECT:


  • The pattern I used simplicity 4055

  • I sewed the bodice, sleeves and buttonholes all by hand

  • Susie put my hair up and made me feel like a princess

  • Stephanie took my picture



Here's the front I made some changes to the sleeves and the bodice and added a waistband.


And the back



Closeup of the back. Added some ribbon to tie :-) Also, there's no elastic... somehow in the final fitting I ended up with too many inches in the back. It was too big so, rather than tearing the whole bodice apart I just gathered it in until it fit. I really liked the detail that the gathering added, so I was happy with it.

And finally, just some fun pictures!

This one is my favorite:

7 comments:

Lil red said...

Are all the trees and where you got your picture taken, part of your yard? Cute dress!

Rebecca said...

Yes, Annie, that's our back yard. It's really pretty, actually. I love our yard. We have a woods in back. Well, it's not our woods but it's behind our house :-)

Anonymous said...

I like that last picture too! You actually look kinda Grecian...
The dress is really pretty. Do you have a fabric store closeby, or go to Wal-Mart? That color makes me want to make a pink dress myself!

Lil red said...

Wow! We have a big tree line along the east side of our house, but it doesn't look as pretty as yours!

Rebecca said...

Kristi We have a JoAnn's about a half hour away. Usually, I go to Wal-Mart. It's funny, I'm not really a pink girl, but when i saw that fabric I knew I wanted it!

Erica said...

ooh, ooh! That's so pretty! I love it.

Personally, I think Sue has a gift of making any girl feel like a princess, hair or no.

theups said...

Hi there!
I somehow stumbled across your blog and am glad that I did!! You are a WONDERFUL seamstress!!! Sewing is something I definitely want to learn in the near future. I would love to be able to sew a dress like the one pictured here!! Great job!

His,
Mrs. U

Related Posts with Thumbnails