Monday, December 10, 2007

heartache

this story

Sunday morning a young girl woke up,
She dressed, had breakfast, and went to church.
She was me.

One thousand miles away another young girl was doing the same thing.
We both drove to church.
We both worshiped with our families.
We both made plans for Monday.
But, I woke up on Monday morning and
she didn't.

Our paths were similar, in fact our paths crossed.
More than 10 years ago we went to the same church.

Today I am sad, because her path has ended.
Abruptly.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

It really drives it home to think I knew this family. Not very well, but I had met them and have known their mom's side of the family all of my life. May God give them the comfort that can only come from Him.

Serena said...

It's the suddenness that makes it so hard, I think. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you and everyone who knew her.

Miss Alice said...

This is so beautifully written, Becca. We are all sad.

Related Posts with Thumbnails