Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Before they call...

I've been sick now for a couple of months, and I'm starting to get to the boiling point... you know the place? I think to myself: "I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired... I think I'll scream" but, then, I try to scream and I just give myself a coughing fit and regret it.

So, at this point, it becomes an attitude issue. I've got to have a healthy attitude even if I don't have a healthy body. You know the scripture... "a merry heart doeth good like a medicine?" well, it's true.
I'm not talking about having heaps of fun and laughing a lot. (because laughing at all gives me coughing fits also, so, I really can't do that too much :-) It's more that my heart needs to be in a merry state. Cheerful, not moping around feeling sorry for myself, because I don't have the energy to work , so therefore I don't get paid.

Anyway, I read this verse the other day, and it just encouraged me so much. I had started to wonder if God even cared that I was sick. I wondered if He had forgotten about me, or was just too busy to deal with a little thing like helping me get well again.

But, my God has NOT forgotten me. I will believe.

"And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

-Isaiah 65:24

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I didn't realize you hadn't been feeling well. What you said reminds me of Catherine Marshall, when she had tuberculosis and finally told the Lord that she would praise Him, even if He chose never to heal her... Then He did - and Peter reminded her, "God just wanted to get every bit of you!"

If you can praise Him in sickness, YOU'VE won - not the sickness. God bless you! I'll be praying for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails