Tuesday, March 11, 2008

In His Steps

I remember when my Grandma first mailed me this book. I was probably in 5th or 6th grade and literally devouring every book I could get my hands on. But, my taste ran more towards light fiction... as Molly Gibson said: "I don't much care for steady reading as Papa calls it" Well, I read a lot of Nancy Drew, anyway...

So, Grandma thought I ought to read something with a little more value, and so she sent me one of her favorites In His Steps. Being a teacher she also required a book report. I dragged my feet... I had a pile of Nancy Drew to read... but, once I picked it up, I never regretted it. I loved it.

"What I am going to propose now is something which ought
not to appear unusual or at all impossible of execution....
I want volunteers from the First Church
who will pledge themselves, earnestly and honestly for an entire year,
not to do anything without first asking the question,
"What would Jesus do?"
And after asking that question, each one will follow Jesus
as exactly as he knows how,
no matter what the result may be..."

3 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I love that book...

Anonymous said...

I've never read it! Thanks for the great report, I've been trying to come up with a new read for awhile....

Tricia said...

Ohh, that is a good book. I haven't read it in a while, though I remember that Rachel Winslow (?) was my favorite character...

Related Posts with Thumbnails