Thursday, March 27, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

Not this one:

This one:


now that we have that clear....


I'm sick of winter. Really. So, I have an idea!!! let's pretend it's summer! who's with me?

ok! great!! get out your fork, 'cause I'm making Strawberry Shortcake.



1/3 cup butter flavored Crisco
2 C. Flour
2 Tbsp. Sugar
3 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Salt
3/4 C. Milk

Strawberries
1 Tbsp. sugar

Whipped cream

Wash your strawberries

Chop up strawberries, sprinkle sugar over them and put them in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve.

Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Use a pastry blender to cut in the crisco until the mixture is crumbly. Add milk and stir. Roll dough out on floured surface. Cut into biscuit rounds. I use a jar ring or the top of a glass. NOTE: if you place your shortcakes close together on the baking sheet they will rise better.

Bake @ 450 for 20 minutes. Cool, cut in half and serve with strawberries and whipped cream! YUM!!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

Rebecca is feeling better!!! She's back to cooking! That's good, cause I was getting too thin ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are REALLY making me want summer. Like...NOW. And strawberry shortcakes. They look amazing.

Kourtney Ann said...

YUMMY!!!!
I think I'll have to make that! I LLLOOOVVVEEE To cook!! And I LOVE strawberry shortcake!!!
Thanks for the recipe!

Valerie said...

That looks so good. Yum.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!
That is sooooooo good!

Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful! :)

Lauren Christine said...

Yum! I can't wait to try it out! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails