Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Book Review: Prisoner in the Third Cell


AUNT ALICE sent me this book.

"Prisoner in the third cell" hmmm... interesting.

It's an easy read. Only 80 pages. Fascinating. Truly. Especially the last 10 pages.

The question is not, "Why is God doing this? Why is He like this?" The question is not, "Why did He not answer me?" The question is not, "I need Him desperately, why does He not come rescue me?... The question before the house is this: "Will you follow a God you do not understand? Will you follow a God who does not live up to your expectations?..... 'And blessed are you if you are not offended with me."

I give it 2 thumbs up. And recommend you read it.

4 comments:

Miss Deb said...

I'm stealing that quote :)

Kourtney Ann said...

I LOVE that quote!!
I'll have to see about getting that book!

Kristi said...

Now THERE'S something that would be good to have down in our hearts, so no matter what happens, we remember and trust Him who we have believed.

Tricia said...

Rebecca,
I tried your strawberry shortcake recipe last night. It was wonderful! Thanks so much for the great idea.
Speaking of good books, by the way, have you ever read Mara, Daughter of the Nile? I'm reading it to my younger sister now; so far it's *excellent.* It's a mix of ancient Egyptian history/romance/spies/danger, etc. I thought of you when I was reading it. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails