Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quiz I stole from Debbie

1. Which book do you irrationally cringe away from reading, despite seeing only positive reviews?

Lord of the Rings trilogy. I know I should read them. I know I should. I just... don't. That is irrational, isn't it?

2. Borrowing shamelessly from the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde, you are told you can't die until you read the most boring novel on the planet. While this immortality is great for a while, eventually you realize it’s past time to die. Which book would you expect to get you a nice grave?

hmmm... well, War and Peace might be boring... then again, I might get interested in it and live longer... :)
3. Which book have you pretended, or at least hinted, that you’ve read, when in fact you’ve been nowhere near it?
*looks around* *whispers* I haven't actually read Pride and Prejudice all the way through *dives behind sofa*

4. You’re interviewing for the post of Official Book Adviser to some VIP (who’s not a big reader). What’s the first book you’d recommend and why?
Depends on what kind of VIP. Seriously, I would try to find something that was entertaining and addressed issues I knew they would be interested in. So, this is a tough question. Off the top of my head... Looking Glass Wars, Chronicles of Narnia, just to whet the appetite, they're easy reads and very engrossing. Then, we'd start on Dicken's, because VIP's just need to read Dicken's. And Hugo.



5.A good fairy comes and grants you one wish: you will have perfect reading comprehension in the foreign language of your choice. Which language do you go with?

Hmm.... probly French

6. A mischievous fairy comes and says that you must choose one book that you will reread once a year for the rest of your life (you can read other books as well). Which book would you choose?
What book am I not already reading annually? :) Ok, I'll say, Nicholas Nickleby, or no, Our Mutual Friend, or wait! Emma! no, no.... Looking Glass Wars, or The Ark, or The Chestry Oak...The Count of Monte Cristo! *ahem* I need to quit my job and become a full-time reader. Is there anyone out there willing to pay me to do that? *smiles angelically*


7. That good fairy is back for one final visit. Now, she’s granting you your dream library! Describe it. Is everything leather-bound? Is it full of first edition hard covers? Pristine trade paperbacks? Perhaps a few favourite authors have inscribed their works? Go ahead – let your imagination run free.

ok, big, lots of windows, super comfy chairs, espresso machine, leather bound books, sure, some expensive first editions, sure, that would be fun. Just a library!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

I haven't read all of P&P either! Mom read it to me years ago. :D

You could be an editor! Get paid to read! BUt you have to read the bad along with the good.

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

No way!! I've read all of P&P, Deb and Sue made me before I could touch the Darcy books, tsk tsk.

Serena said...

YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL OF P&P?!!! Ha, just joking. Whenever some of the girls over at S&S talk about P. G. Wodehouse books, I just kind of guiltily lurk about. I feel as though I am intellectually wanting for not having read his books, for some reason...

Related Posts with Thumbnails