Monday, April 14, 2008

Why are weekends so short?

Seriously, who invented weekends? what crazy person got to decide that we only get 2 days a week to recuperate, and take care of personal things? My personal life is MUCH more important to me than my work life.

However, considering that I sleep approx 9 hours every night, and work about 9 hours every day, that leaves only 6 hours a day to: take care of my personal needs, get my reading done, spend time with my family, cook,eat, clean, blog, ALL the other internet responsibilities I have, take care of my dog, pay bills, do laundry, shop, etc. So, of course, some things don't always get done. Like cleaning for instance :) Also, I am seriously considering converting to shopping exclusively online. What do you think? Maybe that would be weird to have UPS deliver my Charmin and milk and eggs? hmm...

Weekends are supposed to be for working on special projects and relaxing, right? well, they usually end up being about catching up, (which doesn't really get accomplished, either)
So, I was thinking about that the other day and wondering just how it is that I manage to do everything I do in a day. One word (or maybe it's 2, I'll let you decide): MULTI-TASKING! This, however, is a very draining thing, so this is probably a logical explanation for why I am always so tired.

I have 2 options at this point. Drop some of my things, or drink more coffee.
I think I'll go with the coffee option. I love my crazy busy life.
(even if I complain sometimes)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your new layout!

Valerie said...

Well, two hundred years ago the working class only got Sundays off. ;-) I know, that's not too helpful, is it?

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't order my groceries online...because when delivered they might be totally wrong or broken.

marmaladeinstead said...

Drink more coffee, definitely. :)

But sleeping 9 hours every night is pretty wonderful, Becca...probably worth not getting quite as much done? :)

DaveWick said...

I don't mean to be a health nut or anything, but...

I would say with a great deal of confidence that your level of consumption of coffee has a great deal to do with your being tired all the time. People handle the effects differently, but it is well known that it will have an adverse affect on your body especially if you drink too much.

See http://www.curetiredness.com/alwaysfeeltired.htm

http://www.twilightbridge.com/deaddictions/coffee.htm

http://www.womencorp.org/?p=130

http://wherewearebound.typepad.com/where_were_bound/2007/01/coffee_and_caff.html

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-15504366.html

And many others.

Again, don't want to be overbearing or anything but as your friend I'd rather say something than not...

Rebecca said...

thanks, Dave. I'm sure you're right... :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails