Thursday, July 02, 2009

Book Haul

On Sunday I went mall shopping with some of my sisters. It was a long anticipated trip. Originally we had planned to go Tuesday but I got sick so then we thought about going Saturday... guess what... I was still sick... So, when I was sort of miraculously feeling better on Sunday afternoon we decided to run across the highway to the mall.
The main shop to be visited was Borders. Of course. :)

Here's what I got:

Gaudy Night by Dorothy Sayers 
I haven't read this one yet, but I love Harriet Vane, so I'm looking forward to getting into it!

Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy Sayers
Another Lord Peter.  I'm building my collection. :)  I want them all.  :)

Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Secret Pitch by Donald J. Sobol
Ok, this one isn't for me :)  Luke is doing the summer reading program at the library this year.  He has to read/have read to him 1,000 pages!  That's a LOT of pages!  Anyway, he just finished his first chapter book a month or so ago, so I thought I'd get him another one.  And it's on his favorite subject.  Baseball. :)

The Mysterious Benedict Society Trenton Lee Stewart
This one come EXTREMELY highly recommended by my librarian sister.  So, I picked it up.  It better be good, Lyds.  It was like, $7.  :)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
 Reviewed it HERE
Awesome.  You should definitely check it out.  It's pricey but well worth it.  Otherwise I'm sure your library will have it.  I didn't even get it home with me yet.  I've lent it to one of my sisters.  Who will pass it on to my brother.  Who will pass it on to another sister...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I LOVED, L-O-V-E-D, loved Encyclopedia Brown stories when I was growing up. They're great!!

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Oh it will be.

... and if it isn't I will buy yours, no questions asked, full Borders price.

Related Posts with Thumbnails