Monday, July 27, 2009

Home again, home again

Home from camp!

Actually we've been home since Thursday afternoon, but between one thing and another (and another, and another, and another)  I've been too crazy busy to even think of updating my blog. 

I have plans to show you all some cute camp pictures, but, honestly I haven't even seen them all myself yet.  My sister took...  I don't even know how many pictures.  She filled every SD card she owns.  Do you know how long it takes to go through 10 GB of pictures?  Mercy. 

Anyway, Friday was supposed to be a relax/catch-up-from-camp day but turned into some stress.  I did my laundry and cleaned a little but, the climax of the day was about 4:30 when we got hit with a hailstorm.  The whole town lost power.  I'm not even slightly exxagerating when I say that my yard was literally COVERED in marble sized hail.  The long hailstorm was followed by more thunder and heavy rain, tornado spottings, etc.  Needless to say the storm took up the rest of the day. 

The next morning I discovered two broken windows.  My garden is half destroyed.  And the plants in the front yard look like someone took a machine gun to them.  Some of my hostas are ripped in shreds.  :(  Very, very sad...

So, Saturday morning saw my family heading three different directions involving 2 weddings and a family reunion.  We were all home by 8:30 at which time we all colapsed. 

Sunday morning I went to a going-away service and luncheon for a dear co-worker of mine who's husband is retiring from the ministry and moving away.  Also, VERY sad. :(

I spent the rest of the afternoon working on my computer (which decided to do scary things), and cleaning out the garden to assess the damage.  Then I headed out to Menards to buy something to make my yard look better.  I came home with a hanging geranium, a potted petunia and 3 hail damaged perennials for $2 each. 

I did a little reading.  Talked on the phone with mom and then settled in to watch a movie and FINALLY relax. 

Monday morning, I'm back to work soon. 

Looking forward to vacationing next week! :)

4 comments:

Nicky Story said...

what movie? :)

Rebecca said...

ok, not actually a movie. Pysch Season Three. :)

Nicky Story said...

LOL - good deal! Very funny! I still haven't seen many of them - but upon your recommendation have started watching some! :)

Kristi said...

Wow. I guess we just missed the weather... we noticed rain clouds and got a little rain as we were leaving your parents' house Friday. Sorry to hear about your garden and windows :-( Hope your plants revived!

Related Posts with Thumbnails