Thursday, August 20, 2009

Headaches can ruin one's week.

I've had one for a couple of days.

I don't think I've really talked about this much here, but headaches are a common thing for me. TOO common. It's not unusual for me to have a headache that lasts a week. Or two weeks. Or, in extreme cases, 2 months...

I've been known to cry at the discovery that I'm out of Ibuprofen.

But, there are some things I've learned that I'm determined to be thankful for in spite of the pain.
  • An ice pack to the back of the neck can numb the pain and bring sweet relief. (something to look forward to after work)
  • Reading sometimes makes the headache worse but I read anyway. Because reading takes my mind off it, and it's theraputic.
  • Ibuprofen. My #1 Do NOT leave the house without it.
  • Water. A gallon a day is good. :)
  • I'm thankful that my job isn't too strenuous. I'm thankful that I have a lot of quiet days.
  • I'm thankful for my massage therapist. And I wish I could see her more. But, $50 for an hour? I'm not made of money people!
  • Laughter. It really does make me feel better.
  • I'm thankful that His MERCIES are new EVERY morning. 'Cause most mornings I need a fresh batch of them to help me through the day.

4 comments:

Kourtney Ann said...

I take my hat off to you Becca!
I admit that when I am in pain it is very difficult for me to be thankful.


I don't know if any of this has any thing to do with your particular situation, but it's all I could think to suggest.

Do you use cleaners with chemicals (Bleach, Tide-witch is one of the worst-409, Windex etc.) ?

My sister, Kristina, used to get really bad headaches all the time. Then my mom switched to all natural cleaning products and she completely quite having them.

Have you gone to a chiropractor?

I was getting headaches for a while. I went and got my neck adjusted ("cracked" is what we always call it, but my chiropractor hates that:D) and I felt allot better.

Do you have problems with your thyroid?
Kristina's husband and his sister have problems with there thyroids and if they don't take there medication they get really bad headaches.

Melinda said...

I went through a spell where I would get headaches that would last for a week or so. My mom inquired at a vitamin store near us and they recommended something called DLPA. I started taking that and the headaches got better and I no longer have those headaches regularly.

Emily said...

I'm so sorry about your headaches!!!!

Serena said...

Is it possible you're sensitive to food preservatives/dyes/flavorings/MSG?

Related Posts with Thumbnails