Friday, January 25, 2008

I haven't posted much this week, I know. Whether from a lack of inspiration or the sudden and unexpected battle of sickness I encountered, I don't know.

This is certainly "Janu-weary" It's the time of year when it seems as if nothing is happening, nothing is growing, nothing is moving at all, just sort of creeping along at the slowest possible snail's pace. February can't come too soon.

Depression inevitably accompanies this sort of time, even if we deny it. We've had freezing cold temps here, highs in the 0 degree range, colds in the -40s. Even the idyllic image of curling under a blanket with a good book and a cup of cocoa, can get old. Trust me, I've done it plenty this winter.

So, I've read my books, brewed my coffee, seen my movies, shoveled my snow, and shoveled, and SHOVELED, worn my slippers out, stayed indoors more days than I can count.... I'm done.

Bring on the Spring!!!!!!!!! please?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of us, I'm sure, are also in this spot! Cheer up though, Becca- Spring will be especially delicious because we have to wait long for it! Winter can't last forever, contrary to what our hearts feel at this time of year!

Lady Dvora said...

worn out your slippers...yeah I hear that! Mine are getting rather shabby :)

Erica said...

So are mine...

Moriah A. said...

Mine have a hole were my big toe is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails