Friday, January 04, 2008

Sad Sight

Believe it or not, this pile of wreckage was once a beautiful restaurant.

Frank Lloyd Wright-type architecture, beautiful timbers in the ceilings, good food. Not to mention loads of history. Everyone in town has a story about something that happened at the restaurant in the "good ole days." Someone got a marriage proposal there. Someone used to play the piano there. Someone used to eat there every Saturday night. Someone had a red carpet event there. Everyone loved the food.

So, why is this boatload of history in a pile?
I don't know. It makes me really sad.

I have one thing to say:
"Support your communities people!!! Small town America is a beautiful thing, don't let it die!"

all right, that's my soapbox today.

5 comments:

Katie said...

It's in a pile because people would rather have a Walgreen's than an architectural restaurant.

It's sad. I LOVE small town America...

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Go small town America!!! I hope we don't become a city...

Valerie said...

I TOTALLY agree with you! *boo hiss in Wal*Mart's direction*

As a former co-owner of a local business, I notice this a lot more that many others. It's sad when they just roll their eyes and go for the cheapest thin available.

Anonymous said...

That is sad...

Serena said...

BUY LOCAL!!! Small towns are the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails