Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Literary Meme

I was tagged by April
Who is your all-time favorite author and why?
This totally completely depends on what month you ask me...

Right now, I'm on an Agatha Christie kick, but 3 months ago I was gobbling up Frank Beddor's Looking Glass Wars, and the month before that I had just discovered Alexander Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo, so I was in love with that... and next month I may be into Dickens. I just can't narrow it down to one all time favorite!




Who was your first favorite author and why? Do you still consider him/her to be among your favorites?
My "first" favorite... the first books I remember reading and absolutely LOVING, were Bodie Thoene's books. I think they were my first "grown up" books. I also remember the first book I read by Charles Dickens. That was amazing. I had a new knowledge of how much I LOVED reading after I read A Tale of Two Cities.

Who is the most recent addition to your list of favorite authors, and why?
Agatha Christie. Why? because every. single. mystery is different. I love that!!! I've also learned to LOVE Dorothy Sayers (I'm on a mystery kick right now) Hmmm.... maybe I should retake this meme in a few months and see how much my answers have changed :)

If someone asked you who your favorite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth?
Right now? OK. Charles Dickens, C.S. Lewis, Agatha Christie, Victor Hugo.... ummm... yeah, there are a LOT more...
ok, I'm going to tag people that I think might actually want to do this... if you don't want to, that's ok...

I tag:
Serena
Debbie
Between the Stacks
Maureen
Valerie

Rules
  • Link to the person that tagged you.
  • Post the rules somewhere in your meme.
  • Answer the questions.
  • Tag six people in your post.
  • Let the tagees know they’ve been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Let the tagger know your entry is posted.

1 comment:

Serena said...

Yay! I did it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails