Monday, June 02, 2008

Media break

Here's some recommendations for you all!

If you haven't seen Cranford yet, you must! Drop everything you're doing and get the DVD! It is the BEST costume period drama I have seen in years! Funny, Heartwarming, tear-jerking... Watch it! you'll LOVE it!!!Bleak House. I'm a huge fan of Charles Dickens, and this is one of the best adaptations of a Dicken's novel I have ever seen. If you're not willing to invest the time into reading the novel, this miniseries is an excellent substitute.Foyle's War. I know I've mentioned it before... but I really do love it!

I'm noticing a trend here... they're all BBC dramas... hmmmm..... :)

I just finished Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which was quite fascinating.

Prince Caspian, by C.S. Lewis. Another very recent read, not to mention the movie, which I already reviewed HERE

The Chestry Oak. *sob* Read it.

10 comments:

Lil red said...

In a nutshell, what are the Leminy Snickett books about? I've heard they were bad because they were about witch craft (or something like that). What was your main reason for reading these books?

Rebecca said...

Annie, there is no witchcraft in a Series of Unfortunate Events. I read them because a lot of my friends told me they were worth reading! I did enjoy them, although it took me a while to get through them, because they are somewhat monotonous... but, as a writer, I must say that Lemony Snicket is a SUPERB writer! They made me laugh a lot.

Lady Dvora said...

The Chestry Oak..AHh that's a masterpiece!

Kristi said...

I'm going to have to check out the Chestry Oak. I've been doing a lot of reading in the afternoons and evenings when the children are in bed and I'm trying to get my feet up for a little while.

marmaladeinstead said...

YOU like the Chestry Oak, too? It has been one of my favorite books for a very long time, but I didn't know that any one else knew about it!

*sob* is right.

Lady Dvora said...

I told Rebecca about it after one of your sister told me about it :)

Tricia said...

Where'd you find the episodes of Foyle's War? Cranford's wonderful. :)

Rebecca said...

we got Foyle's War from Netflix :)

Lill said...

I read up to like book six of the Lemony Snicket books....They are weird to say the least. I'm sorry but I HAVE to ask...does it have a happy ending?

Rebecca said...

Lillie Lemony Snicket does have a happy ending. I know what you mean... i got a little tired of the unfortunate events happening over and over again... but I was sort of fascinated at the same time and couldn't put them down!

Related Posts with Thumbnails