Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rose Balls

If, say, you and I had been talking last week, and you had said to me: "So, Rebecca, what have you been doing lately?"  I would have probably answered you: "Making rose balls."
And I was.  This is all I did for 2 LOOONNNGGG days. 

Here's the proof.

I know what you're thinking.  that looks easy.  i could do that.

You could do that.  I promise you.  In fact, where were you last week?  I needed help!

This is the finished product.  We made 16 of them.

Ok, I know what you're thinking again. Why did it take her so long to make only 16 balls?

Ok, It's more complicated than it looks.  That's all I can say.  Notice that my hand is bent at a really weird angle in this picture?

Gorgeous, are they not?  Table centerpieces for a wedding.  And yes, by the time I got to the last one, I was a little loopy, probably from inhaling all that glue, because we had to glue all of the petals together... and did I mention we ran out of roses and had to construct our own from petals?

5 comments:

Nicky Story said...

Oh my goodness - that is crazy!!! The do look amazing - and you do such a good job on that kind of thing - but really... 16 rose ball centerpieces? I'm so glad Steph didn't want that!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Mercy! I think I would go nutty if I tried to do 16 of those...you definitely have my kudos!

Kourtney Ann said...

Those are GORGES!
I can definitely sympathise with tedious work!!!

Valerie said...

You MADE roses??? No wonder it too that long! I'm not surprised it took two days, that's one per hour.

marmaladeinstead said...

They are so beautiful--I'm sure the bride was thrilled!

Related Posts with Thumbnails