Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Garden or What I Did Memorial Day Weekend

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday working in my yard.  It felt so good!

Here's some of what we got accomplished

Raised beds, or the vegetable garden.  Steph and Katie built the beds on Saturday and then Steph and I filled them in with dirt and went greenhouse shopping on Sunday for all the veggies and herbs.  So fun!


Yes, there are 12 tomato plants.  No, I don't know what we'll do with all of them. 
Also, some onions, bell peppers, jalepeno, peas (we still have to get a trellis for the peas), lettuce, and various herbs.
This basil smells AMAZING.  I wish you could smell it. 

Here's the planters I made up for the front of the house.  The gorgeous Celosia. 

I also pulled all my house plants outside.  They'll do much better outside.  Mostly because I will probably actually remember to water them.  :)


And here are my lily of the valley.  I've heard they're hard to grow.... but I wouldn't have the first clue.  They were growing wild when I moved in.  I know this isn't a fabulous picture, but I wanted you all to see how HUGE this patch is!
There are a ton of other things we got planted, and seeds in the ground, but nothing is really showing up yet.  So, no pictures of that. 
I'm so proud of my garden so far.  I hope it lives!!!!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Nice raised beds! They look good. And we grow lily of the valley like crazy... it's not at all hard to grow! It just... grows. Without help.

Serena said...

Lovely!

Lily of the valley is my favorite!

Related Posts with Thumbnails