Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Top Ten

Top Ten Things You Should Never to Say to a Single Woman
*Author's Note:
This is purely for comic relief purposes only.  While I have certainly had all of these things said to me at one time or another I'm not trying to be mean or demeaning to anyone who might have said them.  I'm posting them merely for humor's sake.  I'm sure if you've been single for any length of time you'll identify with some if not all of these questions.   

  • So, when are you going to tie the knot?
  • It's YOUR turn next!
  • Can you babysit while we go to the couple's barbecue?
  • Have you tried E-Harmony?
  • Have you been looking?
  • So, why aren't you married yet?
  • Have you prayed about it?
  • Maybe you should get out more.
  • You need to meet a really nice young man who loves the Lord.  
  • Being married isn't all it's cracked up to be

Top Ten Things You SHOULD Say to a Single Woman

  • Here, have a chocolate bar.
  • GIRLS NIGHT!
  • You look nice!
  • Here, have a dark chocolate bar.
  • Let's go shopping!
  • Let's watch a Jane Austen movie
  • Here, have a white chocolate bar.
  • I've been praying for you!
  • You're such a blessing!
  • Here, have another chocolate bar. 

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I used to joke with my other single girl friends that I was going to have a t-shirt made up for me to wear to...well, specifically, conferences...that said, "No, I DON'T have the word of the Lord about my husband yet. Thank you for asking." People who should know better didn't seem to when it came to asking about that. It was truly annoying. :)

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Here, have a chocolate bar...Here, have a dark chocolate bar... Here, have a white chocolate bar... Here, have another chocolate bar.

If only...

Kristi said...

I hear ya. Have a chocolate bar. Or I could whip you up a batch of my chocolate pancakes. David could tell you about those...

Rebecca said...

Ok. So I JUST got back from a wedding tonight. I had TWO people ask me when I was going to get engaged. Another question *not* to ask a single girl at a wedding. I jokingly said "10 years from now". What am I supposed to say? One guy was a younger, single guy. I should have said "before you"!! :)

Thanks for the laugh in the post.

Rachel said...

funny funny......

Related Posts with Thumbnails