Thursday, May 07, 2009

Operation: Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of my favorite flower shop holidays.  Christmas is fun, too, but Mother's Day is just such a lovely time of year. 
We get all our hanging baskets in and I love to water them and carry them around and sell them.  I just love to sell them. 
Me: "We have some lovely hanging baskets right over here."
Customer: "OOOOOOOOO, Those ARE pretty!"
Me:  *smile*

I love the smell of spring in the air.  I love that people are acknowledging all the wonderful things that our mothers do.  I love all the extra people that come to work at the shop.  (Who, by the way are ALL mothers who choose to spend their special time with ME.  LOL.  Ok, they choose to spend their special time with the FLOWERS.)  I'm the only one there that isn't a Mom.  So, I get fussed over.  :)

And most of all.  I just love MY mom!

Does anyone have any special plans for Mother's Day?  Any good gift ideas? 
How about a hanging basket?

1 comment:

Serena said...

I'd love a hanging basket! ;) (Don't you just love things that sell themselves?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails