Friday, February 16, 2007

The Measure of a Heart...


One of my very favorite books is Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney. Little Nutbrown Hare tries very hard to tell his Daddy just exactly how much he loves him… But, he can’t think of anything really big enough to fully express his love. I have always been under the impression that love is absolutely un-measureable. Until the other day when my baby brother turned to me and said with incredible sincerity “I love you 180 calibers.” I’m not sure exactly what a caliber is…. But I’m sure I love him 360 calibers......

3 comments:

Erica said...

Fun. :) (And very special, too.) I've never read that book, but I'll have to check at the library next time I go.

--Erica

Anonymous said...

sounds to me like a caliber is a pretty special measurement!
...and that IS a good book! i read it to caroline a few times when i stayed at the wickboldt's.
do you have any other children's book recommendations? i could use some new ideas.
luvyabye
kristi

Rebecca said...

Oh, Kristi,
There are SO MANY good children's books! *sheepishly* I almost love children's books more than adult books... I love "Make Way for Ducklings", and the "You Are Special" books by Max Lucado. "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel" is good. I also love "Mike's House" which is about a little boy who loves Mike Mulligan... :-) I'll let you know if I can think of any more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails