Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Springtime in Alaska


I'll be the first person to admit that snow can be beautiful. There is definitely something magical about the first snowfall every year. HOWEVER, the temperature here in Southwest Wisconsin has finally reached above freezing for the first time in... 6 weeks? Anyway, I think spring may be here. Maybe it's just wishful thinking... :-)
But, all day long I've been thinking of a song that my Great Grandpa used to sing. It goes like this:
When it's springtime in Alaska and it's 99 below
The Eskimos go barefoot in the white and drifting snow
The polar bears get sunburned and the seals sing all the day
When it's springtime in Alaska.....
I'll be heading the other way!!!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Rebecca!!! You admitted to liking snow! *faints* Just kidding, the first snowfall is always beautiful, until the snowplow comes by...

I miss Grandpa :(

Anonymous said...

...and you have to shovel it! Jamaica was wonderfully wasn't it?!!
~Nack

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

Can't you see Luke doing that with that sly smile??? We're going to get another foot you know. Maybe you just like it now because it's melting....
Cheerio,
Lydia

Rebecca said...

Jamaica was fabulous!
I miss Grandpa too... :-(

Erica said...

I think you and I have had about the same weather all winter. It seems like every time I talk to Lydia, it's the exact same! Everything is mud here...not good for horse-riding, but definitely good for a change of wardrobe!! :D

--Erica

Related Posts with Thumbnails