Thursday, February 22, 2007

you might be a homeschooler if...



I found this list online a couple of years ago and laughed and laughed! Even though I am no longer in school... having graduated several years ago... I still can totally relate to some of these!
...if the only bell that rings at your school is the telephone.
...if you think an "Anglo Saxon" is a math text book.
...if your school planner has a column entitled "chores."
...if your teacher has ever attended school in her pajamas.
...if your kitchen table serves as a lab, supply center, work area, and, occasionally, a place to eat.
...if you have to stop and think when asked, "What grade are you in?"
...if you shop for back-to-school clothes in your older sibling's hand-me-down pile.
...if your class roster sounds like a Biblical genealogy.
...if you have to move dirty laundry off your desk before you can study.
...if your school bus is a nine-passenger van.
...if you consider school work after lunch to be cruel and unusual punishment.
...if your social life is viewed by others to be one rung below that of a Benedictine monk.
...if your father has ever told you to tell the check-out lady at Wal-Mart, "We're on a field trip."
...if your yearbook is also your babybook.
...if your first real date is on your honeymoon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

check, check, check, check, check,......... Well I guess I'm a homeschooler :) This is a most accurate and amusing list. thanks for sharing, now I know for sure that I'm a homeschooler :D

Mac

Anonymous said...

"you socail life is viewed by others as one rung below that of a Bendictine Monk"
I hear ya!
Everything's a check except the last one-i haven't had a date yet!
~Nack

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

This one's my fav. "...if your kitchen table serves as a lab, supply center, work area, and, occasionally, a place to eat." I'm the person who has to clean it all up for dinner!!!!!!
cheerio,
a bendictine monk in solitary confinment
(aka Lydia)

Erica said...

That's hilarious! And I can totally relate to most every one of those. Except, I actually do quite a bit of school after lunch...hmm...

I love the one about "Anglo Saxon" being a math text book. :-)

--Erica

Incomplete said...

"...if your class roster sounds like a Biblical genealogy." uh, hmm. Who are these homeschoolers anyway? That line was funny. I can't say that I personally identify with it because all four of us have names that are not common at all for first names, at least here in the states, but I did know a few Simeons and Davids and etceterras when I was a kid.
Sorry Jak, I tried to figure out how to post a pic with my comment but you'll have to walk me through that later

DaveWick said...

I resemble that last one... and am humbly proud of it! :)

Actually I resembled most of them back in the day.

Anonymous said...

what, you mean i read this a month ago and didn't comment?! i know i checked off at least a few of these...
what fun! i laughed - i cried - or should i say, i laughed almost till i cried - or maybe i should just leave it at 'i laughed.' i did do that.
kristi

Related Posts with Thumbnails