Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Princess Bride

Inigo and the Dread Pirate Roberts are having a duel....

Inigo: I admit it, you are better than I am.


Dread Pirate Roberts:Then why are you smiling?


Inigo: Because I know something you don't know.


Dread Pirate Roberts:And what is that?


Inigo: I am not left-handed. (switches sword to right hand and resumes fighting)


Dread Pirate Roberts:You're amazing!


Inigo: I ought to be after twenty years.


Dread Pirate Roberts:There is something I ought to tell you.


Inigo: Tell me.


Dread Pirate Roberts:I'm not left-handed either.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Talk about your "famous quotes"... I can not believe how many lines I can still remember from that movie. I haven't watched it in years!

Anonymous said...

"Mawage. Mawage is what bwings us togetha today. Wove! Twue Wove! That bwessed awangement.."
I still can't figure out why I like the movie so much...

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I'm with you Merry. It's dumb stuipd etc. but I love it and everyone I know does too.

Buttercup~ "But what about the R.O.U.S.?"

Westly~ "Rodents Of Unusal Size? I don't think they exist" *R.O.U.S. jumps on him*

Lyds

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

Fezek: My way is not very sportsmen like

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to watch that now! It's been too long!

Serena said...

I'm laughing my head off here. I need to watch that again. It's been too long.

Incomplete said...

Contrary to what Lyds declared, The Princess Bride IS NOT dumb. No, I'm not offended, I don't get offended, but I am outraged! Outraged I say! That anyone could ever misconstrue TPB as "dumb." It is the greatest movie ever made. It contains all the esential elements of a great film: action, drama, comedy, and romance, all precisely essembled in such a fashion where it comes across as believable (if not fantastic, but face it, that's why we like movies), and not farcical.
"Dumb." For crying out loud.

"Oh my poor Westley, what have I done?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails