Monday, December 01, 2008

I think Winter may be here

Sad thought indeed.  For me.  Some people love winter.  I don't really understand that, but it is nice to know that while I'm tramping through 4 foot drifts of snow, getting my feet wet, being sick all winter, and other various horrible experiences, someone out there is actually enjoying the weather.  So, that's nice. 

In other news...
The snow is pretty.  I will gladly admit that.  It is beautiful. 

I just don't like shoveling it.  And I don't like tramping through it. 

And why don't they make snow boots for people that live in Wisconsin?  I mean, while my boots are very comfy and fur lined and free (thanks Grandma!) they only come up to the middle of my calf.  And that, frankly is not enough.  I need hip waders.

I discovered last year that you can buy little packages of hand and feet warmers.  I have no idea what they're made of, but the idea is you "break" them, put them in your gloves, or inside your shoes and they keep your appendages warm.  The mail lady (sorry, letter carrier) told me about them.  I have not yet invested in them, but I plan to. 

Because, frankly, I think my boss has decided not to heat the shop.  Well, she is running the furnace of course.  (broken water pipes would not be good) But, 55 degrees, while it IS above freezing,  is a bit on the chilly side for me. 

I'm reading Lorna Doone.  Which has a very magical sort of whimsical, romeo and juliet feel to it.  So far, I like it muchly.

Other random things....

  • I have maroon nail polish on.  I like.
  • I may wear sweatshirts all winter long.
  • I also may wear leg warmers all winter long.
  • I'm knitting scarves.  The idea was to sell them, but they're not really selling... but, I'm still making them.  Gifts, maybe?  I think I'm addicted to knitting.  I can't stop.  
  • Wall-E?  Adorable. :)
  • Poetry is racing through my head at the oddest times.  
  • Namely times when there is nothing around to write on.  
  • ^That frustrates me
  • I have no inspiration for any meals.  Nothing in my head to cook. This is odd.
  • I want to see the 2005 P&P again.  *dodges tomatoes*
  • I wanted to see it again even before Ty started talking about the revolutionary cinematography.  Then I really wanted to watch it again.  
  • I'm rambling.
  • It's monday.

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Toasty Toes! My brother uses Toasty Toes packets in his boots all winter when he's working outdoors. They work great (I've used them too), but they say to put them in the bottom of your shoe. This results on walking on a lump, which is very painful! We put stick them to the top of our socks, not the bottom. I'm sure that was very interesting... ;-)

Kristi said...

Hey, there are no tomatoes coming from me! That's a good movie! :-)

My Bright Corner said...

I don't like the cold. However, I love the snow! I feel like it's our "reward" for suffering through the cold. :)

Anonymous said...

I have maroon nail polish on. I like. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails