Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Words on a page

I was tagged by KATIE
Here are the rules...  

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag five people.

The nearest book to me is a novel I am proofing for a friend.  It is unpublished, so you're out of luck.  :)
Ok, I'll grab the NEXT nearest book.  This is not a problem.  There are many books within arms reach :)
So... the book of choice is Lorna Doone!
I almost don't want to do this, because I haven't read this far in the book yet!!!  *eep*

Ok, here we go.

      However, as the luck of the matter went, it proved for my advantage; for I heard one say to the other,-

      'Curse it Charlie, what was that? It scared me so, I have dropped my box; my flint is gone, and everything.  Will the brimstone catch from your pipe my lad'
      'My pipe is out Phelps, ever so long.'

I promise this book is not all about people smoking.  :)

Open tag :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails