Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Narnia

I love Narnia.  I'd like to go there someday.  :)

But, since none of my wardrobes have secret panels in the back.  (I checked)
And there are no Narnia ships in any of my framed art (*snaps fingers*)

I'm staying in this world for a while.  In the meantime, I visit Narnia other ways.

There's always the books (hot chocolate is a must if you're reading The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, I always get cold). 
And, if I'm going to read The Last Battle I make sure I have plenty of time, because I won't be able to put it down until I'm done. 

Or, I could watch one of the movies. 

OR, there's always the Focus On The Family Radio Theatre productions.  These are an adventure of the highest proportions. 
AND the radio theatre versions have ALL of my favorite parts.

Eustace: I'm going to think of a limerick.  Something like this "Some kids who played games about Narnia (his  British accent says Narnier) gradually got balmier and balmier!"
Edmund: Narnier and Balmier don't rhyme.  

OR

Caspian:  I would like to see all of the soldiers assembled in the square at noon tomorrow looking like men at arms and not vagabonds.  See to it on pain of our EXTREME displeasure.


Caspian: You have not given us quite the welcome we expected.  WE are the King of Narnia!

And that's all just from the Disc One of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. 
Which, incidentally is my favorite Narnia book.  Unless it's The Last Battle.  Or, maybe Horse and His BoyThe Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe?  oh, I can't decide...

Pop one into your laptop.  Insert ear buds.  Close your eyes.  It's almost like being there. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Narnia's too! I'll have to check out that site! Thanks:)

Katie said...

I love Narnia, if you ever discover a way in, you may NOT go without me.

Lady Dvora said...

I wonder if you have to be in England for it to work....

Related Posts with Thumbnails