Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Things I Learned When I Moved Away From Home

  • That singing at the top of your lungs in your own kitchen making dinner is fun!  and good for the food, too, I think....
  • That Mom is awesome
  • To appreciate time with my family when I have it
  • To hug my little brothers and sisters when I see them, because I might not see them again today
  • That Mom made some things look really easy... and they're not
  • That responsibility is something that applies to every aspect of life.  Every aspect.
  • That if I don't clean that hard-to-reach spot in the bathroom... no one else will.
  • To pay more attention to things like dates on the calendar, because on some of those days you need to pay bills, and if you don't bad things will happen
  • That I didn't have as many kitchen utensils as I thought I did.
  • That eating is expensive
  • That everything to do with surviving is expensive
  • That some things aren't as important as they used to be
  • That other things are more important
  • That I can get a LOT of things done when I'm not being interrupted by little children :)
  • That I miss those little children a LOT
  • That growing up is bittersweet
  • That cleaning my own house is very rewarding
  • That weeding my own garden is more fun than weeding Mom's
  • That I have to shovel the snow out of my own driveway
  • That making a home is wonderful 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

So true!

My Bright Corner said...

Sounds fun, adventurous, and scary all in the same breath. I can't wait to have my own place!

Related Posts with Thumbnails