Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Barnes and Noble Haul

Yesterday I took pictures of the books I bought at Barnes and Noble on Saturday, but ALAS!!! Today I cannot find the downloading cord.  *pout*

Alright.

I guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way. 

Passward to Larkspur Lane by Carolyn Keene.  Used $2. I'm quite slowly working on collecting the entire Nancy Drew series.  I just pick them up in used bookstores or thrift shops when I see them. 



The Human Comedy by William Saroyan. 


Whose Body? by Dorothy Sayers
I limited myself to buying ONLY the first three in the Lord Peter series.  I will buy all of them eventually.  Just not all at once.  These are paperback, though, and really quite inexpensive. 

Clouds of Witness by Dorothy Sayers


Unnatural Death by Dorothy Sayers


Life of Pi by Yann Martel.  I picked this one up for a book club.  Looks interesting. :)  Also used.  


Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott.  I confess I have never read Ivanhoe.  I've seen the movie though. :)  I think this copy was only $4.99 or something.  I picked it up because I figured no book collection was complete without at least a bit of Sir Walter Scott. 


Dancing Shoes by Noel Streatfeild (also used... $2?).  Something else I'm working on collecting.  The Shoe books.  Although, I'm quite aware that this is going to be a much harder job, since most of them are out of print.  Regardless, I LOVE them and I would LOVE to have all of them. 


Kim by Rudyard Kipling.  Never read, but it was recommended and only $4.99 so I picked it up

5 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

My Humble Advice is to read Ivanhoe with a dictionary close at hand, very close at hand.

Valerie said...

Wow, I have all but one of those. That's surprising! And ditto the dictionary for Ivanhoe idea, it's not light reading. :D

Rebecca said...

VB Which one don't you have?

Emily said...

Nancy Drew! Dorothy Sayers!

Anonymous said...

I just found a complete "Lord Peter" paperback at my local Friends of the Library bookstore for only 5 cents!!! Got "Ivanhoe" for 25 cents! I never buy new books anymore, unless I'm looking for a specific, uncommon title like Gaskell's "North and South" or something. You've never read the "Larkspur Lane" ND book? Loved all those in middle school! :)

~obsessivejaneite

Related Posts with Thumbnails