Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update

I've title this post "Update" instead of "Random"  But, it's the same thing.  :)

  • Prom season is upon us again.  Popular colors this year: Fire Engine Red, Various shades of brown, White, and the back for the 3rd year running "Watermelon" (which sounds like it should be a red-ish color, but it's not.  Think Watermelon Gum.  It's a pink-y coral.
  • Also, WEDDING SEASON is back at the flower shop and we're jumping in full swing.  I always forget about the color matching griefs we go through...  example: we need a baby pink rose.  Full size.  Plenty of petal count, it has to match in size, shape and petal count the Sahara rose.  We rack our brains.  Light Orlando?  Attache?  Titanic?  Titanic wins.  After a few days of ordering, returning and testing.  This is long before the bouquets are assembled.  That's the easy part.
  • Other recent news...  I'm going book shopping on Saturday *squeel*
  • I'm needing another cup of coffee.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Brown is an interesting color. I didn't used to like it but it is growing on me, even with regard to formal wear. Our homeschool group recently had its "Elegant Evening" and one girl had on this chocolate brown dress. It's not a color that I would normally associate with proms, etc., (I usually think of bright colors) but it was GORGEOUS!

Related Posts with Thumbnails