Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Dr. Jak's Fall Fashion Tips

What's in for fall?

Glad you asked!

Because Fall is one of my FAVORITE seasons!  I LOVE fall!! I love the smell of it and the colors and the FASHION!

Fall is a super season for dressing great because there's so much more room for creativity.  Mainly because you can wear MORE clothes and you can mix and match so many more pieces of your wardrobe.

For instance:

  • Try your darker toned summer shirts with a cardigan over top.  
  • Wear your capris with knee-high boots
  • Pull out your heavier sweaters and wear them with a shorter skirt or capris
  • And WAY exciting!  You can wear TIGHTS!  
Here's some tips on what's in for fall 2009

Knee High Boots.  If you do not already own a pair of knee high boots I highly suggest you make the investment.  You will wear them ALL THE TIME.  Make sure you get a pair you're comfortable in.  I wear mine almost exclusively in the winter.  Granted I live North :)  and almost can't step out of my front door without stepping into at least 6 inches of snow.  Which means that in a regular pair of flats my socks would be soaked in a matter of 22 seconds.  So.  I wear boots.  And you should too.  :)  Plus, they look cool.  :)





Belts. Big belts.  Of course these are designed to accentuate the oh-so-perfect waists of the oh-so-perfect.  But, look at how cool that big belt looks tied over that chunky sweater!  It almost inspires me to start doing crunches.  :) 




The Layered Look I couldn't find any really good pictures of this but I'm sure you all know what the layered look is.  Basically, layers.  :)  Mix and match textures to really get the look you want.  And if you're feeling REALLY adventurous, try mixing up patterns!







Chunky, Statement Jewelry in Autumn Hues.  Big is in.  If your necklace reaches your waist, that's good.  :) 







Fall is your chance to wear those yummy metallic colors.  Gold, Copper, Burgundy...  Have FUN with it!

4 comments:

Marie said...

where'd you get the pics of the high boots? I really like the buckled boots:) I have a thing for boots too!!!

I'd love to get a pair of brown ones without breaking the bank some day;)

Anonymous said...

I was just talking to Kourtney the other day about how fall fashion is so much more fun than summer! I LOVE IT!

Emily said...

I would love some knee high boots. Those ones with the heel are fabulous! I really need some chunky jewelry too...shopping time!

Sarah~ said...

Oh, I loved this post Rebecca! I need to get on blogger more...because you post better posts here than on LJ ^_^ Hey, can you keep me up-to-date on the styles. I am losing my style sadly because I've been at work so much and I can only wear navy scrubs! It's depressing at times trying to jazz up navy scrubs and then when I come home I can't figure out what I am supposed to be wearing now! I've decided you are to be my personal stylist since we have the same tastes. :D I'm actually going to print this off because I seriously am out of what's actually the trend right now. Thanks :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails