Monday, October 08, 2007

"The Last Sin Eater"

An old Welsh tradition. The people's need for a savior. Instead of turning to Christ... they appointed one man among them to live forever as an outcast, only coming into their midst when one of them died. He performed a ritual. And for a price, "ate" their lifetime of sins. Took them upon himself. Pawned his own soul for theirs. He was the scapegoat, so that they could come before God with a clean soul.

This book The Last Sin Eater is the story of a people that adopted this practice. It's about the man that became the Sin Eater.

I highly recommend this book. It caused me to look at salvation in a whole new way. Jesus Christ was the ultimate sin eater.

It's a little spooky in the beginning... but tough it out... you'll be so glad you finished!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, do you recommend this as a 'good book', or as a book that I could read...(Example: Bro. Tyson's Osama wasn't something I thought I could handle at all, even though I knew that it was probably a good book)
Sounds interesting...

Lauren Christine said...

Definitely a good book! I actually saw the movie too, and I really enjoyed that as well. :)

Katie said...

I haven't read the book but the movie was definitely recommendable! There are a few spooky parts but don't worry.

Kristi said...

I was wondering about that movie... I didn't want to watch it without a reliable review. It sounded a little strange just from what it said on the back jacket.
Thanks!

Serena said...

This book is wonderful. I didn't care too much for the movie...the accents weren't, uh, consistent. And, of course, you lose so much when going from a book to a movie.

Rebecca said...

yes, I definitely recommend this book. Be forewarned Merrill it's a little intense. Don't read it before you go to bed. :-) But, yes!!! It is SO GOOD!!!! The movie was ok, too.

Rebecca said...

oh, by the way, Kristi I owuld recommend reading the book first if you can. It's really a lot better. The movie is good, too though. But, it's a well known fact that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

You're right the back jacket does sound a little freaky. I read it becuase it came very highly recommended by someone I trust. (You know her) :-)

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kyle White said...

Don't watch the film! Little House on the Prairie meets M. Night Shymalan's The Village.

Related Posts with Thumbnails